CERTIFICATION IN THE REID TECHNIQUE METHOD
John E. Reid and Associates developed the Reid Certification Program to recognize those REID Graduates who have demonstrated their ability to effectively apply the basic concepts and techniques taught in our training seminars and textbooks. REID Graduates who successfully complete all of the training, testing and background requirements will be granted Certification in THE REID TECHNIQUE method by John E. Reid and Associates. Certified REID graduates will be able to add the "CRT" designation to their professional credentials.
To achieve Certification in THE REID TECHNIQUE method the candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
TO REGISTER FOR THE CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION
- The candidate must have attended THE REID TECHNIQUE OF INTERVIEWING AND INTERROGATION three-day program; THE REID TECHNIQUE OF INVESTIGATIVE INTERVIEWING AND POSITIVE PERSUASION three-day program; THE REID TECHNIQUE OF INTERVIEWING AND INTERROGATION AND ADVANCED INTERROGATION TECHNIQUES four-day program; or THE REID TECHNIQUE OF INVESTIGATIVE INTERVIEWING AND POSITIVE PERSUASION FOR CHILD ABUSE INVESTIGATIONS three-day program.
- The candidate must have attended Reid training that includes Advanced Course material: THE REID TECHNIQUE OF INVESTIGATIVE INTERVIEWING AND ADVANCED INTERROGATION four-day program or THE REID TECHNIQUE OF INTERVIEWING AND INTERROGATION Advanced program.
- The candidate must have a minimum of three years of investigative experience in the private, police or government sector.
- The candidate must be a current member of the Reid Institute.
- The candidate must have a minimum of one-year experience in conducting interviews and interrogations using THE REID TECHNIQUE method.
- The candidate must pass an extensive written exam and practical exam that demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of THE REID TECHNIQUE method.
- The candidate's supervisor must complete an evaluation form attesting to the candidate's interviewing and interrogation skills.
The certification examination consists of both a written and a practical test. Questions for the written examination are drawn primarily from information presented at THE REID TECHNIQUE OF INTERVIEWING AND INTERROGATION 3 Day Program and THE ADVANCED COURSE ON THE REID TECHNIQUE OF INTERVIEWING AND INTERROGATION. Other reference sources are "The Investigator Anthology" and "Criminal Interrogation and Confessions" textbooks.
The certification examination is available online. Prior to registering for the exam the candidate must first meet all of the training and background prerequisites. The fee for the exam is $150.00. Candidates may re-attend both the 3-Day and the Advanced Reid courses, for free, once the examination fee has been paid. To register, go to www.reid.com or call 800-255-5747, extension 12.
MAINTAINING CERTIFICATION IN THE REID TECHNIQUE METHOD
To maintain Certification in THE REID TECHNIQUE® method a CRT graduate must work towards professional development through continuing education. There is no re-certification fee if the CRT graduate maintains membership in the Reid Institute. If the CRT graduate is not a current member of the Reid Institute there is a $150.00 re-certification fee every three years.